News in District IX
- for January, 2002 NOT a legitimate member of the media!!!
Dec, 01, Feb, 02, Current News
Recent Postings (in inverted order - newest stuff on top)
1/31/02 - AA Team Championships
Thursday eve. 5 Johnsonburg 24 4 Brookville 42 (no box yet)
Saturday at DuBois High School
SEMIS AT 2:00, FINALS AT 5:00
1 Brockway v 4 or 5
2 Redbank v 3 Ridgway
AAA Team Championships
1 Clearfield v 2 St. Mary's
Saturday at DuBois High School
BEING WRESTLED ON THE 2ND MAT AT 5:00
1/30/02 - the demands of work and real life are interfering with getting scores posted. Most of the recent scores are in hand and will be posted ASAP. Apologies for the delay.
Brookville - Brockway was a major barnburner...
1/28/02 - back from Rhode Island and trying to get caught up!!! box scores to come for most of these...
* Port Allegany 54 Smethport 13
* Kane 15 Brookville 54
* Clearfield 18 State College 32
* Port Allegany 33 Cameron County 31
* Ridgway 41 Johnsonburg 24
* Dubois @ Brockway - nothing yet???
* St. Mary's 45 Smethport 21
* Punxsy 47 Marion Center 18
* Curwensville 25 Glendale 34
* Grove City Tourney - RV 3rdÃ
* Oswayo Valley 12 Kane 60
* Seneca Valley Tourney - full results are in
* Brookville 33 Titusville 28
* St. Mary's 16 Erie Prep 33
1/23/02 - Ye olde editor is going to be out-ot-town for the weekend, so there will be nothing posted after tomorrow night until Monday...
* Redbank 21 Brockway 31
* Clearfield 34 St. Mary's 19
* Clarion 33 Johnsonburg 30
* Coudersport 27 Ridgway 42
* Brookville 47 Dubois 15
* ACVKU 47 Cranberry 17
1/22/02 - Punxsy - Bradford
* Dubois 48 Bradford 21
* Dubois 32 Punxsy 26
* Region Rankings updated!!
1/21/02 - Tickets for sale.
* D9 Rankings updated
* AML standings updated
* D9 standings kept up to date.
1/20/02 - box scores to be posted tonight.
* Brookville 36 Ridgway 21 [complete Ultimate Duals results at Gold Medal Rankings - box scores of D9 matches will be posted here.]
* Brockway 34 Brandywine Heights 16
* Brockway 28 Mifflinburg 25
* Brandywine Heights 26 Brookville 26 (crit 1 BH)
* Brockway 26 Maplewood 25
* Mifflinburg 37 Brookville 24
* Redbank rolls to title at the MidSeason Classic
* St. Mary's 42 Johnsonburg 18
* Clearfield 40 Blue Mountain 15
* Punxsy 33 Clarion 25
* Bradford 30 Smethport 30 (Bradford: criteria 1 - 7:6)
1/17/02 - Johnsonburg 37 Cameron County 27
* Brockway 44 Coudersport 12
* Port Allegany 46 Wellsboro 21 (no box posted)
* St. Marys 42 Dubois 16
* Redbank Valley 52 Oil City 6
* Ridgway 50 Curwensville 15
* Cameron County 30 Kane 39
1/16/02 - Punxsutawney 52 Hollidaysburg 18
* Clarion 44 Curwensville 22
* Ridgway 45 Smethport 18
* Info for the Mid-Season Classic
1/15/02 - Curwensville 43 West Branch 29
* Kane 36 Sheffield 39 (no box yet)
* Kane 54 ACVKU 16
* Franklinville Tournament
* Pine-Richland Tourney
* D9 Wrestlers in College has been updated with links to personal stat files! Great resource!!
* NW Region Rankings updated!
* D9 Standings are up-to-date through Monday
1/14/02 - Jeff Resse Tourney - Brookville 4th, Ft. LeBoeuf 9th!
* All tickets posted on the D9 Ticket Exchange have been
* Want to help with tracking down results? Check the new directory of Online News Sources!
1/13/02 - St Marys 40 Punxsy 21
* Bradford 51 Oswayo Valley 19
* Clearfield 44 Bellefonte 17
* Johnsburg 45 Coudersport 21
* Redbank 44 Clarion 21
* Lock Haven Univ 25 CUP 13 (just because we have them)
* Dubois 8 Philipsburg-Osceola 53
* District 9 Wrestling minipolls are active on the Front Page; new polls will be introduced approximately weekly and old polls will be revisited from time to time.
* Info on the 2002 Lancaster Women's/ Girls' Tourneys is posted
1/10/02 - Clarion Area 40 Rocky Grove 21
* Curwensville 54 ACVKU 18
* Smethport 42 Sheffield 30
* St. Mary's 42 Bradford 16
1/9/02 - Region Rankings are updated
* BEA 49 Brookville 18
* Coudersport 38 Kane 24
* Ridgway 35 Brockway 24
The Coudersport Theater is going to play Reversal the wrestling movie.
January 31 - February 4
Thursday - Monday 7:30 PM
Starring: Danny Mousetis and Justin Spates
Petulla Pictures; Drama Not Rated; 100 min.
"Reversal" was filmed in Washington County last year. It was produced by Jimi Petulla, a California-based veteran of the radio industry, who stars in the film and wrote the script. He says it's based on his own experiences as a high school wrestler in Oil City, and the conflict he had with his father.
1/7/02 - Lewistown Tourney, posted just because we have them (no D9 entrants)
* added a photo of the OWs from the Redbank Christmas Tournament; look for the "photos" link in the tourney summary info.
* additional details were received for the Manheim and Tool City Tourneys
** Jeremy Reitz (Brookville 1999 152lb AA State Champion) became eligible this month to wrestle for Clarion [Univ] and participated in four dual meets over the weekend. He went 2-2 overall.
Wins were decisions against opponents from Findley and The Citadel and losses were decisions by Central Michigan (against #14 ranked Dave Bolyard) and Michigan State (against #6 ranked Gray Maynard).
Clarion's next match is against Lock Haven at Clarion on January 11. If the normal line up is followed for both teams, Reitz will wrestle former Brookville teammate Jason Gilligan (1999 145lb AA State Champion) in the 157lb match. Gilligan is 7-6 this year and placed 2nd at the Mat-Town USA Invitational tournament.
Should be an interesting reunion!
The match will be broadcast live on WCCR 92.7 FM, WWCH 1300 AM, and the Red Zone Media Network at http://www.nauticom.net/www/zmiller/clarionwrestling.htm
Redbank Valley meets Clarion Area in the Waldo S. Tippin gym in a preliminary match!
1/5/02 - Clarion 54 ACVKU 21
* Smethport 27 Johnsonburg 36
* Redbank 44 Kittanning 24
* Coudersport 25 Sayre 45
* Cameron County 38 Bucktail 36
* Brookville 43 Franklin 16
* St. Mary's 52 Kane 3
* Indiana Tourney (Punxsy, Brad)
* Tool City Tourney @ Meadville (Clfd, Dub, Rdgwy)
* Cambria Heights Tourney (Curw) posted 1/7/02.
1/4/02 - Clearfield 39 Philipsburg-Osceola 17
* Kane 9 Redbank 51
* Coudersport 39 Oswayo Valley 30
* Cameron County 24 Bradford 51
* Brookville 24 St. Mary's 26 (Box posted 1/5/02)
* Ridgway 34 Dubois 25
* Punxsy 24 Brockway 34 - posted 1/7/02.
1/3/02 - Tool City pairings
* Region Rankings have been amended to included STATE Rankings [in brackets]
1/2/02 - From D10 - Tool City update and info
* COMPLETE results from Gov Mifflin Tourney - previous postings were 1st-day only.
* Yet another AA State Ranking page is up - Rage's AA State Rankings
* Clearfield announces a JV Tourney on Feb 16.
* ANNOUNCEMENT from Doug Triplett, head coach of Port Allegany:
I have sad news to report about former Port Allegany wrestler Barry Cochran. Barry died in a car accident around 7:40 am on January 1st. Barry was a 112 lb., 99-00 D-9 runner-up and an all around solid wrestler for the Port Allegany Gators.
1/1/02 - 2001-02 Season Leaders list is posted
* detailed Clearfield results for PennsManor and Conestoga Valley are online