Each participating school is requested to submit their line-up and contestants wrestling records before 11PM, Wednesday, December 26, 2001. This information should be mailed to the following: Tom Pavlekovsky, 158 Leisure Road, New Bethlehem, PA 16242-2024, or emailed to: email@example.com.. Phone 814-275-4571 or 814-229-3410 if you have questions, comments or concerns.
A preliminary seeding meeting will be conducted Thursday, December 27, and reviewed by the coaches after each weight class finishes weighing in Room 148 of the Redbank Valley High School on December 28, 2001. Seeding will be based on records submitted. There will be discussion and seeds may be adjusted by consensus of the coaches. Without consensus, the decision of the tournament director is final.
1. Consideration for seed is given to, and in the following order:
a. returning champ or runner-up at the same weight
b. returning champ or runner-up at another weight
c. record against common opponents
d. exceptional record against acknowledged opposition
e. overall record
f. failing that - a vote
2. Send eligibility sheet or bring it to the seeding meeting.
3. PIAA rules. The order for first and second place bouts will be by random draw of all thirteen weight classes. The draw will take place at the beginning of the coaches meeting Friday, December 28th.
4. Awards will be presented to individuals for first through fifth. Team plaques will be awarded to the top four teams.
5. The cafeteria will be open during all sessions of the tournament.
6. Weigh-in times: Friday, December
28: Noon to 1:30 PM
Saturday, December 29: 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
7. Match times will begin at:
Friday, December 28: 3:00 PM (ticket sales begin at 1:00 PM)
Saturday, December 29: 10:00 AM (ticket sales begin at 9:00 AM)
Saturday, December 29: Fifth place matches begin at 4:00 PM
Third place matches follow immediately.
First place matches about 6:00 PM
8. Ticket prices:
ADULTS $5.00 per day, Students $3.00 per day. No two-day passes.
9. There will be one pass issued per contestant to each team, plus three additional passes.
10. Cheerleading, as per PIAA regulations:
- a. no organized cheering is permitted
- b. no cheerleaders in uniform
- c. no cheerleaders are admitted free unless a team pass is used
11. A purchased ticket or an issued pass will be required for entry. Contestants should have their passes at all times when not wrestling.
12. The entry fee is
$125.00, payable to "Redbank Valley Wrestling Club".
Fee must be received no later than December 21, 2001.
Redbank Valley Wrestling Club,
c/o Dana McCauley
RR 2, Box 234,
New Bethlehem, PA 16242
13. Questions can be referred to Mr. Mike Brown at Redbank Valley High School, phone 814-275-2424.
14. PICTURE! We will be taking a
group picture of the individual champions following the last
1st place bout. Believe me Coaches, you do not want your
champ to miss this one!